Quanta 250 Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope
Why Use This Microscope?
The Quanta 250 Environmental Scanning Electron Microscope (ESEM) produces enlarged surface images of a variety of specimens, achieving magnifications of over 100 000X providing high resolution imaging in a digital format. Imaging can be performed in traditional high vacuum mode, low vacuum nitrogen atmosphere mode and a hydrated “environmental” low vacuum mode suitable for some unfixed biological samples. This instrument excels at permitting an exceptional magnification range when working with a wide range of accelerating voltages, and can accommodate samples with minimal specimen preparation. Detectors for collection of back scattered and secondary electrons are available.
- High vacuum scanning of sputter coated samples
- Low vacuum coated or uncoated samples
- Low vacuum hydrated nitrogen atmosphere coated or uncoated samples
- Motion picture collection
- Peltier Cooling Stage
- Beam Deceleration
- EMS 950x Carbon/Metal Evaporator
- Cressington 108 sputter coater
- EMS 850 Critical Point Dryer
- Slam and plunge freezing equipment