Charges: $25.00 per hour
Note: To use the microscope you must have an active Account with the Cell Imaging Shared Resource and reserve time using our
on-line Scheduling calendar. Contact
Bryan to arrange training.
Why Use This Microscope?
The Nikon STORM is a super-resolution fluorescent microscope used for imaging structures that are too small to be resolved via conventional microscopy. Resolutions of 20 nm in XY and 50 nm in Z can be achieved using this microscope. Special buffers and dyes are required when using this microscope. Interested users are encouraged to research papers utilizing STORM imaging to ensure that this technology is right for their application.The following link is a good place to start for basic STORM imaging information .
- Andor sCMOS camera at 256x256 for 2D and 3D-STORM
- Stochastic Optical Reconstruction Microscopy (STORM)
- Conventional fluorescence microscopy
Fluorescence Filters: (excitation/emission)
- 405 laser (Near UV)
- 488 laser (GFP, FITC, Cy2, Alexa488)
- 561 laser (Cherry, TRITC, Cy3, Alexa568)
- 647 laser (Far Red, Cy5, Alexa647)
- 100x Apo TIRF 1.49/NA oil